42nd Annual Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Festival
Note: a printable flyer for the festival is available here:42nd Annual Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Festival
Gazebo Schedule and classes are here: Gazebo Schedule and times 2015
For those that can’t camp, hotels in the area: Hotels
Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park, McCalla, Alabama
April 26 -May 3, 2015
Schedule of Activities April 26 – May 3, 2015
Members please remember to bring your folding chairs to all events!
April 26 – April 30 Informal jams at campsites and at SADA host site and later in the week, schoolhouse jams.
- April 30, Thursday 5 PM All club members are invited to a hot dog cookout. Hosted by the Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Club. Jamming afterwards!!
- May 1, Friday 9:30 AM Informal playing and singing by members and guests at the Gazebo next to the Country Store. Vendors open for sales all day.
- May 1, Friday 5:30PM Kiwanis Pavilion Pot Luck Supper. Bring a dish to share & the Host Club will provide the rest. Jamming afterwards!
- May 2, Saturday 9AM-5 PM Hospitality tent open – Information and signup for Open stage. Vendors open for sales near Gazebo or Kiwanis Pavilion.
- May 2, Saturday 9AM-Noon Lessons in DAA, DAD, and hammered dulcimer. No charge for the lessons. See Gazebo and Lesson Schedule.
- May 2, Saturday 1 PM Open Stage at the Kiwanis Pavilion, drawing for Prussia Valley Dulcimer
- May 3, Sunday 9 AM Church service held in Cane Creek School House
More information on the SADA website: https://sdulcimer.wordpress.com or contact Dawn Wilson at email@example.com
Dulcimer and music Vendors are welcome on Friday and Saturday!
Vendors scheduled at time of flyer printing: Jon Harris, Dogwood Dulcimers, Charles Gammell, Denise Guillory Pottery, Eagle Sportz T-shirts, Sweet Fern Music & Crafts
Please note that no amps are allowed other than those provided by SADA at the jams and performances.