CLASS DESCRIPTION LINKS:
- Beginning DAD with Rob Angus & Nancy McIntosh: Beginning Lap Dulcimer DAD
- DAA with Paul Sykes: Paul Sykes DAA Class
- Beginning Hammer or Psaltery class with Don Hill: Don Hill’s Hammered Dulcimer Class
- Int DAD (Popular Songs for Senior Centers) with Denise Guillory: Denise Guillory
- Int. Hammer Dulcimer with Rob Angus: Intermediate Hammered Dulcimer
Festival Flyer: 43rd Annual Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Festival
Gazebo Schedule and classes: Gazebo Schedule and times 2016
For those that can’t camp, hotels in the area: Hotels
Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park, McCalla, Alabama
May 1 -May 8, 2016
Schedule of Activities
Members please remember to bring your folding chairs to all events!
May 1 – May 5 Informal jams at campsites and at SADA host site and later in the week, schoolhouse jams. Note we will probably go to Woodlands Assisted Living to play for the residents early in the week
- May 3, Tuesday 10AM Jam at Woodlands Assisted Living (about one mile from the park)
- May 5, Thursday 5 PM All club members are invited to a hot dog cookout. Hosted by the Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Club. Jamming afterwards!!
- May 6, Friday 9:30 AM Informal playing and singing by members and guests at the Gazebo next to the Country Store. Vendors open for sales all day.
- May 6, Friday 5:30PM Kiwanis Pavilion Pot Luck Supper. Bring a dish to share & the Host Club will provide the rest. Jamming afterwards!
- May 7, Saturday 9AM-5 PM Hospitality tent open – Information and signup for Open stage. Vendors open for sales near Gazebo or Kiwanis Pavilion.
- May 7, Saturday 9AM-Noon Lessons in DAA, DAD, and hammered dulcimer. No charge for the lessons. See Gazebo and Lesson Schedule.
- May 7, Saturday 1 PM Open Stage at the Kiwanis Pavilion, drawing for dulcimer donated by Charles Gammell and Homer Osborne at end of program
- May 8, Sunday 9 AM Church service held in Cane Creek School House
More information on the SADA website: https://sdulcimer.wordpress.com or contact Dawn Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org