Festival Flyer: 2017 Flyer
Gazebo Schedule and classes: 2017 Gazebo times
For those that can’t camp, hotels in the area: HotelsTannehill Ironworks Historical State Park, McCalla, AlabamaApril 30 -May 7, 2017
Schedule of Activities
Members please remember to bring your folding chairs to all events!
April 30 – May 4 Informal jams at campsites and at SADA host site and later in the week, schoolhouse jams. Note we will probably go to Woodlands Assisted Living to play for the residents early in the week
- May 4, Thursday 5 PM All club members are invited to a hot dog cookout. Hosted by the Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Club. Jamming afterwards!!
- May 5, Friday 9:30 AM Informal playing and singing by members and guests at the Gazebo next to the Country Store. Vendors open for sales all day.
- May 5, Friday 5:30PM Kiwanis Pavilion Pot Luck Supper. Bring a dish to share & the Host Club will provide the rest. Jamming afterwards!
- May 6, Saturday 9AM-5 PM Hospitality tent open – Information and signup for Open stage. Vendors open for sales near Gazebo or Kiwanis Pavilion.
- May 6, Saturday 9AM-Noon Lessons in DAA, DAD, and hammered dulcimer. No charge for the lessons. See Gazebo and Lesson Schedule.
- May 6, Saturday 1 PM Open Stage at the Kiwanis Pavilion, drawing for dulcimer at end of program. Items donated:McSpadden Dulcimer from Fretted Instruments & Alabama Folk School, Soprano Ukulele & Daily Ukulele book from Homewood Musical Instruments, 4 CD’s from Tony Vines, Soprano Ukulele from Guitar Pro’s LLC, 2 Ukulele stands, music stand & ukulele bag from Bailey Brothers Music, 1 year subscription from Dulcimer Players News, $50 gift certificate & case stickers from Alabama Folk School.May 7, Sunday 9 AM Church service held in Cane Creek School House