Due to the Coronavirus, the Southern Appalachian Dulcimer Festival has been
postponed to the week leading up to September 12, 2020. Watch for a new flyer in
June or July, once we know that we are able to get out and about again.
Lessons and Slow Jam on Saturday May 2nd, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 10:25 Beginning DAD : Jan Hammond – Cane Creek School right
9:00 a.m. – 10:25 Beg. Psaltery: Kelly Milam – Cane Creek School Left
9:00 a.m. – 10:25 Beginner HD * Jess Dickinson – Event Center Side Room
9:00 a.m. – 10:25 Adv DAD – TBA – Event Center Main Room
10:35 a.m. – 12:00 Int. HD – Jess Dickinson– Event Center side room
10:35 a.m. – 12:00 Slow Jam at Kiwanis – TBA
10:35 a.m. – 12:00 Int/Adv DAD – Jan Hammond—Cane Creek school right
10:35 a.m. – 12:00 Psaltery—Kelly Milam – Cane Creek School Left
Members please remember to bring your folding chairs to outside events!
Informal jams at campsites and at SADA host site and later in the week, schoolhouse jams Monday – Thursday nights.
- April 30, Thursday 6 PM Hot dog social at Kiwnais Pavilion – jamming after at Schoolhouse & Kiwanis (Held in Event center if raining or extremely cold). (this is a change for 2020)
- April 30 – Saturday May 2 at Event Center: Used instruments may be placed on marked tables or benches in the Event center. Items left at your own risk
- May 1, Friday 9:00-3:45 Performances by members and guests at the Gazebo next to the Country Store. Vendors open for sales all day. In case of rain performances will be moved to Event Center
- May 1, Friday 5:30PM Event Center Pot Luck Supper. Bring a dish to share & the Host Club will provide the rest. Jamming afterwards!
- May 2, Saturday 9AM-4 PM Hospitality tent open – Information and signup for Open stage. Vendors open for sales near Gazebo or Kiwanis Pavilion.
- May 2, Saturday 9AM-Noon Lessons in mountain and hammered dulcimer & psaltery. Those attending lessons should join club. See Gazebo and Lesson Schedule for teachers and locations
- May 2, Saturday 11:30 – 12:30 Lunch provided by preorder only – meal TBA
- May 2, Saturday 1 PM Open Stage at the Kiwanis Pavilion (Event Center in case of rain), drawing for dulcimer at end of program.
- May 3, Sunday 9 AM Church service held in Cane Creek School House